Dealing with the guilt of abortion


The holy scriptures in different faiths have always said that abortions should not be carried out.  Some believe them and some don't.  There are number of abortions that take place every day for one reason or the other.  For those people who have aborted their child (more so for the women folk), the guilt sets in after the act of abortion.  Once the guilt sets in, some of them end up searching the scriptures for the answers or ignore the guilt.  Some wonder if this would make them childless in the next birth.  This post is about one such case of a couple who had taken a decision to abort their third child, and underwent PLRT to overcome the guilt.


Few years back, Leena (name changed) had tested positive during a pregnancy test.  This came as a shock to both Leena and her husband, since both were not prepared for the 3rd child.  They decided to abort the pregnancy.  After the abortion, Leena and her husband always felt a terrible sense of guilt.  Leena regularly had dreams of a child crying ‘ma……ma’.  She reached out along with her husband for a PLR session.  Both felt they had committed a grave sin in having aborted the pregnancy.  It was the second month when the pregnancy was aborted.

Leena wanted to know the relevance of the dream and also wanted to get rid of the feeling of guilt, and if possible also wanted to explore if she, her son and husband had shared an earlier life.  She said her husband felt a strong connection with their son, which I thought was natural for a father.  While conducting the PLRT sessions, I do not allow anyone to be around, even if it is the spouse.  But, in this case, since both, Leena and her husband were impacted and her husband also had a sense of guilt, I allowed him witness the session.  Leena soon went into trance.  She had been through PLR before and seen former lifetimes with her children.

To ensure that we start on a happy note, I asked Leena to go to an earlier happy lifetime where she, her husband and their son were together.  She said the place is full of trees and then she was not able to see anything.  (After coming out of trance at the end of the session, she said she had seen the back of a man and a child holding hands and waIking on a pathway, with trees on both sides and dried leaves lying scattered on the ground).  As she was not able to visualize clearly, I asked her to float above and she saw the bright light. I told her to ask the bright light if the three had an earlier life together.  She said the answer is ‘yes’ and I asked her to visit that life.  
She said I am seeing the same life I had seen earlier (in an earlier PLR session), where my current life daughter was my daughter.  I asked, “But, where is your current life son in this?” 

After a brief pause she said, “He is my father-in-law in that life.”

The conversation that follows below is mention as ‘T’ for the therapist and ‘Leena’ for Leena’s response.

T: How is your husband’s relationship with your father-in-law?
Leena: Very good.

T: How is your relationship with the father-in-law?
Leena: He is good to me.

T: What is his name?
There was brief silence.
T: See what people call him.
Leena: They call him Ayya.  (It is a salutation used in Telugu in place of words like Honorable, Sir, Mister)
T: What is his name?
Leena: I don’t know.
T: See what people senior to him call him.
Leena: Ratnaiah.
After a brief pause, she said, “His name is Rama Rathnam.”

T: See if you recognize his wife, your mother-in-law in the present life?
Leena: Yes, she is my sister-in-law.
T: How is your relationship with her in that life?
Leena: It is very good. I had a beautiful time in that life. Both are very kind. She also has a helping nature.  She is a kind woman.

As there was nothing more for her to explore in that life, we decided to deal with the toughest part on reaching out to the soul who might have been aborted.  As varied are the faiths, so are the different ‘schools of thought’ regarding the timing the soul enters the womb.  Some, say that it is just before the child is born, some say that it is when the child draws it’s first breath, some say that it is after few days or months of conceiving, some say that it is at the time of conceiving.  In this case, it was to be seen if the life had entered the womb before the abortion and the reason for the dreams.

As we continued with the session, Leena was seeing a bright light.  I asked her to check with the white light if a soul had entered her womb before the abortion.  She said, ‘yes’.
T: Who do you see?
Leena: A baby.
T: Who is it?
Leena: My maternal grandfather.  He wanted to come into our life.
T: How did he feel about the abortion?
Leena: He felt very sad.  He had not spent time with me and wanted to come and live amongst us.
T: Where is he now?
Leena: He is with the light.

(After coming out of trance, she mentioned that he was waiting to be born again.)

I asked Leena to seek his forgiveness on behalf of herself and her husband.
Tears were rolling down her eyes as I waited with patience.  After a long pause, she started speaking.
Leena: He will come back.  He is asking not to worry.  He will be part of the family.  He has excused my husband and me.
T: How is he going to come?
Leena: He is quiet.

After sometime, she said, “Yes, he will come into my brother’s family.  (Her brother was recently married). He is happy about the way my husband takes care of me.”
After a long pause, with nothing more coming, I said, "Ask him, if he has any message for you?"

Leena: Whatever happens in life let it happen - what comes is always for the good.  He then left.

She then saw the white light and asked for forgiveness for the abortion.  I asked her to check with the light if she needs to do anything more to get rid of this guilt.  There was no answer but she just continued to go through the feeling of healing.

It is close to six months since the session and Leena has not had that dream of the child calling out to her after our session.  She is happily spending time with her husband and two children now without the sense of guilt.  They eagerly wait for the child to be born into the brother's family.

The session left me with few thoughts that I wish to share here.
- the willingness of the Universe to forgive when the person seeking it is sincere.
- it is said that the loved ones keep coming together again and again to help each other in the spiritual journey.  I was seeing this again in this session.

I did not get answers if the soul comes in at the time of conceiving, or after the heart beat starts or when it draws it first breath.  But, the couple had got their answers.  This incident made me wonder if a soul's journey gets delayed due to abortion.  Again, time is endless, so every soul will get an opportunity to learn and grow - what is the rush for?  I leave it to the reader interpretation on what this story teaches them.

Please feel free to post your comments and questions, and I will try my best to answer them, with my limited knowledge.  The comments you post would appear after a day or two, as I have set up a spam check.  Thank you.

Comments

  1. The composition clearly picturised the story of the couple and took into a trance.
    Its very welcoming to note the positive changes of the Therapy bringing back the peoples life to normalcy.
    May your Tribe Grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As per my knowledge gathered through reading, soul enters the womb at the time of conceiving but is free to make his choice whether he wants to stay there or wants to leave is open till 3 months. After that it cannot escape just like that and thats why we have a tradition of not telling about the pregnancy news to anyone other that close family members till first 3 months are completed.

      Delete
    2. Honestly, the more sessions I do, the more I realize how complex can be the causes. But, the solution is simple - love.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful successful session for both client and therapist .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Payback time - Experiencing past life through meditation

Nothing is in our control - accept life - slipping is ok

Soulmates - Part 2