My journey to becoming a past life regression therapist - Part 3 (My first experience as a therapist)

This post covers my first experience as a therapist at the PLRT workshop.

Day 4 of the workshop
Most of the participants turned up on time for the workshop.  There was a feeling of anxiousness, curiosity and anticipation in the air.  Venu said that he would demonstrate to us the past life regression and this would be followed by role play by the participants.  All the hands went up when he asked, as to who would volunteer to be regressed.  One amongst us was finally selected through a draw of lot, with all of us writing our names on a slip of paper and putting it in a glass jar.

As the lucky participant and Venu settled down in their chairs, we all moved in close sitting down on the floor.  A magical session followed and we all witnessed the ease and professionalism with which Venu conducted the session.  Venu has designed a 15 step methodology for past life regression therapy and after having taught us the theory during the first 3 days, he now demonstrated the practical way of doing it.  All of us were mesmerised by what we were seeing and experiencing.  Some of the participants walked out of the hall.  Some felt there was too much of negative energy and some felt it was boring.  The sessions demand a lot of patience from both the therapist and the client.  It is time consuming and is not suitable for those that lack time and patience.  The client generally is not aware of the time that would have lapsed while they are in trance.  Two hours feels like twenty minutes for the client.

At lunch, the discussions were around the session we had all witnessed..  Post lunch, we were split into 2 groups of 15 each.  One group was to be the therapist and the other had to play the role of a client.  We were to implement the 15 step methodology that Venu had taught us.  All the clients were given forms on which they had to give their feedback at the end of the session by answering the questions concerning the evaluation of the therapist.  I opted for the role of a therapist.  I said a silent prayer and started the session.  To Venu’s 15 step methodology, I have added the 16th one, which is to say a silent prayer.  I have now realized that the sessions really go well the day I have said my prayer.  My first client was a lady in her early thirties and someone who was regular with meditation.  We agreed on a theme to be explored during the history taking and started the regression session.  She had some fears that she wanted to get rid off and was also keen to understand her purpose in life.  I used the progressive relaxation technique.  There are many techniques for relaxation and this is one of them.  I asked her to go back in time to the root cause of her fears, and followed it up with a question on what she was being aware of.  She said she is seeing a window and outside it is dark with lot of water everywhere.  This was such a nice feeling, this was my first try and I was able to regress someone and she was seeing/ experiencing something.  The most disappointing thing for a therapist during the session is to be told by the client that they are not able see/ experience anything.  Being my first experience, I was not sure on what questions to follow.  All my questions were answered with “window", "water”, “night”, “boat” and “tunnel”.  Seeing that we were not progressing much, I decided to move to the second theme – knowing the purpose of life.  The client saw herself wearing some royal dress and after sometime, she saw herself freezing.  The expression on her face turned pale and she started shivering.  With the help of other participants in the room, we put more shawls on her.  She kept repeating, “It is cold, I am freezing.  I will die,” and she got up abruptly and sat shivering.  The session came to an abrupt end.  I rushed to Venu, who was going around watching over the participants regress.  He came over and we saw that my client was still shivering.  She touched Venu and me, and said, "I actually experienced the chill".  Venu and I could feel her cold hands.  I was surprised how someone could physically feel the cold as it had happened in an early life.  She said her head was feeling heavy.  I was feeling disappointed for not having handled the session well and that it had ended abruptly.  On the other hand, Venu was calm and offered her some warm water to drink.  He asked her to mediate for few minutes.  After 10 minutes, she was fine. The heaviness in the head had gone and the shivering had reduced.  I asked her what she made out of the session.  She said she thought I did a good job as a therapist.  I knew she was trying to be nice to me.  Describing what she had seen during the session, she said that she in a ship or large boat and was seeing outside from a window where only water was visible.  She was seeing water enter the ship.  She mentioned that in the second scene, where she was wearing the royal garments, she was experiencing the chill and cold.  She felt herself freeze and the experience was so real for her.

In the meanwhile, most of the people playing the role of the therapists could regress their clients and some who could not were told by Venu not to worry.  Venu suggested role change.  So, now the people who were therapist earlier were to play the role of clients and vice versa.  However, the partners were exchanged.  It was nearing the end of the day and these sessions can be easily around minimum of 2 hours.  The person who was my therapist was little restless, as she was keen to get home on time for her waiting daughter.  She asked Venu if she could do the session the following day, but Venu insisted that she completes the session on the same day.  I felt I should help her finish the session soon.  She started progressing me, and did a great job in progressing me to my current life’s early memories.  However, we could not regress beyond the present life.  Probably, both of us were not completely relaxed for the session.  We then ended the session.  I felt disappointed for not having experienced any of my past lives.  Venu said that he would give us time the next morning to continue with our practice sessions.

At the end of the day, I had a mixed feeling.  Feeling good that I could regress my first client, though it did end abruptly and feeling disappointed for not experiencing an earlier life.  May be, the theme I selected was not strong enough.

Day 5 – Final day of the workshop
It had dawned on us, that this was our last day as a group and we would be returning back to our routine from the next day.  We had all made friends and felt a strong connect.  The four days had passed so fast.  Most of us took selfies and group pictures to capture the memories as we waited for the workshop to begin.  
Group pictures in the hotel lobby
Venu said that we had the morning to continue with our role play.  The second half was to be the wrap up session, where we could ask him questions and finally he said, he would end the workshop with a surprise for all of us.  

I felt I had not done my part as a therapist well and agreed with my first client that I do another session for her.  She agreed and we had a more meaningful and better session.  She had drowned in the ship she had seen the previous day and this was the reason for her fear of water.  Then for the purpose of life, she saw herself in the royal gown.  She also saw a book lying on a table at the centre of a huge hall with books and the title said “Kabbalah”.  The pages had golden edges and the book looked decorated.  She was someone who practised “Kabbalah”.  Kabbalah is an ancient wisdom that empowers us to improve our lives, discover our purpose, and achieve the lasting fulfilment we are meant to receive.  It is an esoteric method, discipline, and school of thought in Jewish mysticism.   Maybe she carried that knowledge with her in this life.  We ended the session as she had nothing else and it was also nearing lunch time.  We discussed her experience and she mentioned the visuals and experience she had now, was clearer than the previous day’s.  Both of us were happy with the manner in which the session had progressed.  I was now feeling confident at my success as a therapist and thanked her for the opportunity and trust she had placed in me.  The other participants were busy with their sessions and as it was time for lunch, those of us who had completed our sessions, headed for lunch.  As we walked towards the restaurant for lunch, I was also wondering if the workshop would conclude without me having a past life experience.

To be continued in Part 4...

I receive many messages asking when the next post is coming up.  You can click on the "Follow me" button on the home page, to receive notification whenever I publish the new post.


Please feel free to post your comments and questions, and I will try my best to answer them, with my limited knowledge.  The comments you post would appear after a day or two, as I have set up a spam check.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Payback time - Experiencing past life through meditation

Nothing is in our control - accept life - slipping is ok

Soulmates - Part 2