My journey to becoming a past life regression therapist - Part 4 (My first experience of past life and conclusion of the workshop)


This post covers my first experience of a past life and winding up of the PLRT workshop.


Afternoon of Day 5 of the workshop

Those who had completed their sessions were at the restaurant having lunch.  I joined one of the groups and people were taking turns narrating their experience of being a therapist or having experienced past life.  I mentioned that I was not successful in being regressed.  Seema, who was one of the participants, was also sitting with us.  She offered to do a session for me.  The previous day she had regressed one of the participants, who saw herself as a disciple of Pythagoras.  This gave me more confidence in Seema.  We finished lunch quickly and rushed back to the hall.  The regressions were being done in the hall where we had laid down the yoga mats.  There was soft relaxation music being played in the background and the dim lights made it easier for people to feel relaxed.  We had little more than an hour before Venu was to start the wrap up session in the afternoon. 

Seema, started the session and used the progressive relaxation.  The question for which I need the answer was, “what is the knowledge/skill that I carry forward from the previous life that I can use in the present life for spiritual advancement”.  Seema tried hard to regress me to the time.  Initially there were no visions or feelings.  She was exploring using all the techniques that Venu had taught us and then at one point, I suddenly saw stone steps, leading to an elevation floor area made of stones.  It had stone pillars and roof.  I saw myself sitting there and was teaching a bunch of students.  I was wearing a dhoti kind of attire and had a cloth that wrapped around my back and shoulders.  I was wearing the sacred thread that the brahmins generally wear.  There were bunch of 15-20 students sitting with straight backs and reciting something.  Seema enquired what I was teaching and I said “Shastras”.  The time was around the 8th century and the place was somewhere northern part of India.  I could sense Venu coming over to Seema and asking her to wrap up the session.  Seema progressed me to the time of death.  I was very scared to see my death and as I progressed, I had visions of students coming in and going out at high speed.  It looked like some one was fast forwarding the scenes.  I saw an old man lying down on the mat on the floor.  There was a lamp burning near the head and soon I realised that the old man was me and I was dead.  It was probably night time and I had died peacefully.  Seema asked what I felt about that life.  I said I felt satisfied.  It had been a peaceful life.  She asked me what was the lesson from that life.  The message that I received was “Continue to share knowledge.”  Seema then brought me back and we had a brief discussion about the session, before Venu started with the question and answers session.

Teaching is something that I have cherished since my college days.  Fortunately for me learning things was not very difficult and I could understand things logically.  Of course, this was due to some great and selfless teachers who had helped me master the art of studying. I would see many of my friends study for hours but still not get their concepts right.  I used to help them understand it and they would understand it fast.  They would tease me telling I should just teach in place of the lecturers.  The same thing continued when I was studying for the Chartered Accountancy course.  The course had an intermediate exam and a final exam.  While I was writing my final exam, I would teach for the intermediate students.  The objective was not to make money but to share the knowledge.  I loved making complex subjects simple.  After this session, I could make sense of the love I have for teaching.  Even till 2 years back, I would teach students undertaking professional courses like Chartered Accountancy and Management Accountancy.  This was in addition to my corporate job.  “Shastras” is not the word that I use normally.  I use the word Vedas, slokas, scriptures etc. but never the word “Shastras.”  I was surprised when I called out this term during the session.  Shastras is a term used to refer to the Vedas; the Vedangas – that include astrology, astronomy etc.; the epics – Ramayana and Mahabharatha, Puranas and Upanishads.  I have a strong urge to read and learn the Vedas, but till date I have not found any proper guidance on how to go about this.  Since my childhood, I have this love for Ramayana and Mahabharatha.  I have read these books by multiple authors.  I have also read some of the stories from the Puranas and Upanishads.  I did a three year course in Vedic astrology.  The classes were during the weekends and I used to miss some of the classes.  Despite missing out on some of the classes, I would be quick to catch up on the missed ones and in the exams that followed I would be in the top 5.  This with very little effort when compared with the effort my other student friends used to put.  After the session, I could relate to the question on why astrology was appealing and how I was able to follow some of the concepts easily.  The last point was “Continue to share knowledge”.  This is something that I always do.  I was the topper in my college and there were many students who would approach me to clarify their doubts on the subjects.  Sometimes, my close competitors used to also approach me with questions about the subject, and I would help them.  My close friends would warn me that the close competitors will beat me in the finals, but I would say, “If I don’t help them, somebody will and they would still beat me.  At least if I help them, I would feel good that someone I helped has beaten me to the top.”  I never felt insecure about helping someone with the knowledge.  I was following the lesson learnt in that life “Continue to share knowledge”, and the reason for starting this website is also for the purpose of sharing knowledge – the knowledge that I feel is more spiritual and relevant. 

The last session of the workshop was of Q&A, clearing the doubts that the participants had on the subject.  Venu stressed upon the importance about professional ethics, charging for the time, respecting the client’s decision, not being judgemental, importance of patience and ensuring we maintain confidentiality.

He shared with us the material we could use for our practice.  The last hour witnessed seniors from the earlier batches coming in and sharing their experiences as therapists.  We were all handed certificate of participation.  Venu said that we would be eligible to be certified as therapist, provided we submit our assignment within the next couple of months.  The assignment involved regressing 3 clients and submitting the write up on the sessions.  Venu and his team, which included our seniors who had been certified as therapist, would review our assignments and decide if we should be certified as therapist.  Finally, the surprise that Venu had talked about on the first day was made known.  Venu was releasing a new book at the workshop.  It contained some key past life regressions he had done.  We cut the cake to celebrate the release of the book.  The book was aptly titled, “Why me?”

The 'Aster' batch workshop came to an end.  Some of the participants left early as they had flights to take.  Most of us were feeling very sad about parting ways.  We had been like a family for the five days and it was as if we all had know each other for ages.  I thanked Venu and his wife Neha for having shared this wonderful and powerful knowledge with us.  I thanked Seema, for making sure I experienced a past life and also my first client for the opportunity for regressing her.  There were some of them in the room, who had not experienced their past life and left the workshop feeling disappointed.  I felt sorry for them.  Some of them have turned out to be exceptional therapists today.  After bidding bye to each other, I headed back home.

On my way back, I started doubting my experience of past life.  I wondered if I had made it up.  The reason for the doubt was, I could remember everything and was aware of the surrounding.  I had not known what trance is and had always thought that the person experiencing past life is in an unconscious state.  I was not unconscious.  But then, Venu had said that during trance the person is completely conscious.  If fact, it is at the heights.  Also, why would I imagine myself as a teacher, why would I use the word “Shastras” – the word that is not frequently used in my vocabulary.  How was I able to give such a clear message on “Continue to share knowledge”?  The response to these questions, made me feel that there was no reason to doubt my experience  – I could not have made it up.  I was now eager to do the session for someone with medical issues and see the outcome – if the person would be healed.  Venu had mentioned in the workshop, like the proof of pudding is in the eating, the proof of past life regression is in the healing.

To be continued in Part 5...

I receive many messages asking when the next post is coming up.  You can click on the "Follow me" button on the home page, to receive notification whenever I publish the new post.


Please feel free to post your comments and questions, and I will try my best to answer them, with my limited knowledge.  The comments you post would appear after a day or two, as I have set up a spam check.  Thank you.

Comments

  1. Excellent blog...as always simple style of writing.. which captures the message perfectly.
    As a practice area, and from the Indian philosophical perspective, this is a great tool or technique to experience the concepts explained in our Upanishads or vedanta. This provides answers to a sadhaka / seeker in his journey...
    Great social service in healing... God bless loads .. May the experience and unraveling continue... Happy Heaing.. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Viswanathan. We all have our own beliefs of life, karma and death, but the experience of past life regression helps us to validate them and also become more conscious of our actions, thereby helping us in our progression. The by-product is a society that is more tolerant, understanding and empathetic.

      Delete
  2. Very inspiring..... very well narrated. Many unanswered questions in my mind were answered in your blog. I will be eagerly waiting for more blogs. My learnings- all happens for good reasons and be as patient as possible :)

    Wish you great sucess and all the best Harish Sir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shilpa. The next one has been posted. Hope you find it interesting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Payback time - Experiencing past life through meditation

Nothing is in our control - accept life - slipping is ok

Soulmates - Part 2