My journey to becoming a past life regression therapist - Part 5 (First proof of healing)

This post is about my first experience as a therapist post the workshop and proof of healing.


To be formally certified as past life regression (PLR) therapists, the participants of the workshop had to perform past life regression for three persons using the 15-step methodology and submit their reports within 2 months from the end of the workshop.  These assignments were to be evaluated by the Amarantos team, before we were to be certified.  I did not think that it would be a challenge to get 3 clients as lot of friends had expressed their eagerness to get the session done when I had told them about the workshop.  Now, that the workshop was over, I thought they would be eager to know their past life.  Two of my close friends volunteered.  This was the first time I was regressing someone after the workshop.  But, both ended up with no success.  One of them ended up getting into deep sleep during the relaxation process and the other ended up abruptly saying he cannot concentrate.  It is important that the client should have slept well and should not be feeling tired and exhausted before the session.  The ensures that they do not end up sleeping during the session.  This was one of the important lessons for me.

Experiencing the failures, made me wonder if I had the capability of being a therapist.  It made me wonder if I had really regressed the person at the workshop or did she fake it.  Though lot of friends had expressed their eagerness to have a PLR session before my workshop, none turned up when I asked for volunteers, except for the two of them which had not worked.  The sessions require about 4 to 8 hours.  In some of the cases, to solve an issue it can anywhere between 2 to 3 sessions.  As the time to complete the assignment was running out, I turned to my dear wife and asked if she would like to volunteer.  My wife had also read his books and did not really doubt it.  However, when I asked her to volunteer, she was not keen to undergo the session as she too had myths about it – she was worried that in case there were bad or negative experiences in the past life with persons she has good relations in this life, the relationship may be impacted, included our relationship.  This is the most common fear that people have.  But, what I have heard, read and see now from my experience is that persons with whom one has good relations, recall only good relationships with them in the past.  My understanding from the books that I have read on the subject is that the person carries through lives only those memories that are relevant for learning the remaining lessons.

During the sessions, third parties are not allowed to participate unless the client insists, to ensure confidentiality and ensure that the client is comfortable.  It is generally seen that when the husband is undergoing the session, the wife is keen to participate and vice versa.  The similar is the case with parents and children.  Parents insist on being present when the child is being regressed.  But, this should not be done as one is not aware what comes out of the session and further sometimes the client may not be comfortable in the presence of the third party, however strong their relationship might appear.  One more concern that people have is that, during trance, (the state of relaxed body and mind), the person would disclose all the secrets which the therapist can exploit.  This is not true.  The person in trance, is able to withhold information which they would not feel comfortable to disclose and they can also lie.  For an effective and fruitful session, it is important that the therapist and client have relation of trust.  The client should share the information that is coming with the therapist, so that it makes it easier for the therapist to guide the client properly.  There are some incidents of therapist who have exploited the clients through the information obtained during the session or through physical abuse, so it is important that a therapist of repute is selected.  PLR is nothing but guided meditation, and one is completely conscious and can feel if anyone tries to touch.  The client can get up or open their eyes, in case of any physical abuse, and should not allow the therapist to exploit them.

The other question that most people have is on how we would be able to recollect the events from the past life when we find it so difficult to recollect events from the current life.  This topic needs a separate write up and I will deal with it separately.  But, at this point I would only state, it is not important if the client has made up a story or experienced a past life.  What is important is, whether the issue or symptom of the client has been resolved.

Another point of discussion is - God has made me forget my past, so why should I go ahead and dig the past?  Valid point, but if the God does not want you to remember your past he will make sure you do not recollect anything even if you go through the session.  It is God who helps you recollect your past and not the therapist.  Other question is – Should everyone go through PLR?   The simple answer is ‘No’.  For me PLR was an experience to understand the concept of karma, rebirth and purpose of life.  Though one reads about these, it is difficult to trust until one experiences them.  But, PLR is a helpful for people who have issues – be it health, relationship, finance or any other thing.  I know that this is very difficult for people to digest, but from my limited experience and reading, the simple answer is “all these issues originate in the mind – and it is the emotions that we go through that give birth to these issues or emotions.”  The next logical question is, does PLR resolve all the issues?  Yes and No.  Yes, if one is able to understand the root cause that has given rise to the issue or symptom and ensure that they do not allow it to impact them in the future.  No, because in some cases, people are not willing to let go of the emotion or they would want to learn their lesson the hard way.  But, whatever be the outcome, the clients generally have a sense of peacefulness for a long time after the session, they change their routine / behavior in life, become more aware of their actions and demonstrate a sense of empathy to others.  

Next question is, does that mean that every time I have an issue, should I keep visiting a past life?  The answer is a “No”.  PLR session is useful for one to understand that the karma (there is no equivalent word in “English” that I am aware of – but loosely put it is the thoughts, words or actions), that one performs has an impact on the future.  In simple words, “As we sow, so we reap.”.  The issues (which we can also call “symptoms”), arise because we have not learnt our lessons and the purpose of life is to learn lessons.  One has multiple lessons to learn and keeps going through the cycle of birth and death till they learn their lessons and evolve as a better soul, when they move into the next plane.  PLR helps us to understand this.  So, every time a person has an issue or symptom, they need not visit past life, they can leverage on this knowledge and introspect what triggers it.  One would easily be able to identify this and once this (the root) is fixed, the symptom disappears.

My wife had couple of health issues relating to breathlessness and headache.  These symptoms or issues had started around a year into our marriage.  We had consulted medical experts to resolve them, but the medicines and solutions offered had not helped.  We had also tried out alternate forms of medicine, namely Allopathy, Ayurveda and Homeopathy, but none had solved the problem.  The frequency had only increased over period of time.  For the symptom of breathlessness, the most obvious reason which doctors said was she had moved from a town (where she stayed before our marriage), where the weather was hot and dry, to a city like Bengaluru, which is known to have high number of asthama patients, due to the pollen and cold weather.  She had found solace in using inhaler for the breathlessness and popping the pill for the headache.  For the headache, she used to buy a strip (containing 10 tablets) and have one every time she had the migraine.  I was aware about this practice but had not realized the frequency at which she was having these headaches.  One day after the workshop, as I was searching for some medicine at home, and in the medicine box, I found two strips of the migraine tablets that were empty.  Each strip had 10 tablets and 2 months back, these had been purchased.  I asked my wife, who had consumed the tablets and she tried to dismiss the topic.  On my insistence, she had mentioned that her frequency of migraine had increased, but she asked me not to worry.  I told her we should visit a doctor as the frequency is not normal.  She said let us do it later as she wanted to prioritize other work.  It was during this time that we were also having the discussion around PLR.

I had read another book by Dr. Brian Weis, “Through Time Into Healing”, where Dr. Brian has discussed about PLR resolving medical issues.  He had also mentioned in his first book, “Many Lives, Many Masters”, that modern medicine cannot really help beyond a point.  I told her that we should use the PLR knowledge to heal her headaches and breathlessness symptoms.  After assuring my wife, that whatever comes out from the PLR session will not impact our current life, she agreed for one.  We decided to explore the root causes for both these medical conditions – breathlessness and headaches.  I was little anxious as my two attempts to regress my friends had failed. 

She easily went into trance.  I think that the meditation she had started some months prior to the session was instrumental in making the process easy.  I have seen that people who meditate regularly are easy to regress as their mind gets easily calmed.  After relaxation, I slowly started taking her back in time (the current life).  First, she saw herself as a 3 or 4 year old child and then as an infant.  Feeling confident that she was able to visualize her early childhood, I regressed her to the root cause of the breathlessness symptom and what followed was a past life unfold.  Due to personal reasons, my wife is not comfortable sharing the details of the root cause and hence this is not being shared.  The sessions being shared in this blog are those where the clients are comfortable in having it in the public domain and have given their consent.  I have changed their names and few personal details to retain the confidentiality of their identity.  I would like to state here that the people with breathing issues, have emotions being carried forward from past lives, where they might have died due to breathing difficulties – it may be on account of being choked, strangled drowning, hanging, poisoning etc.  The symptoms arise in the current life when the persons responsible for the pain or the emotion attached to that pain is experienced again in the current life.  Learning to handle these persons and emotions, helps to get rid of the symptom.  After getting some insight into the root cause of the symptom of breathlessness, we moved ahead to explore the reason for her headaches.  I share below the details of the session, as both of us are comfortable to put this in the public domain.

As she went back in time, she said “(I am) getting married.”  I quickly asked her what she was wearing.

She said “coat”.  I followed it with, “Are you a man or woman?”

“Man…wearing nice shoes?, she replied and continued, “Beautiful.”  This was the second past life she was experiencing in the same session.

Wondering what she was referring to, I asked, “Who?”

“My wife”  she replied with a smile on her face.

The next question followed, “How old are you?”

Slowly she answered, “27 years…nice wedding…very happy”

I asked her, “Do you know which country this is?”

“Germany”, came the reply.

I asked, “Which year?”

She said, “1921.”  This was nearly a century ago.

I asked her to the significant moment in that lifetime.

She said, “Holding a baby.”

Me: “Where?” 

Wife: “Big house”

Me: “Whose?”

Wife: “My baby”

Me: “What is his name?”

Wife: “Christie”

Me: “Is it boy or a girl?”

Wife: “Boy”

Me: “What makes the event special?”

Wife: “First baby…many years no kids.”

Me: “How long after marriage was the baby born?”

Wife: “7-8 years”.  In the previous life time she had seen during the session for exploring the cause of breathlessness, she was a childless woman.

I asked her to move forward to another next significant event, ”Where are you?”

Wife: “Office”

Me: “Do you work there or do you own the office?”

Wife: “Own office”

Me: “How old are you?”

Wife: “50 years”

Me: “What are you doing there?”

Wife: “Handing over my responsibilities to my son…feeling happy”

Me: “Hold old is your son?”

Wife: “25 years”

The maths did not tie up, 27 when getting married – 7-8 year later son was born, ie. 35 years, and now he is 25 years old, which means she should be 60 years.  I asked her again how old are you?

“50 years” (After the session, she told me she seemed to be in her 50s close to 60 but chose to tell the lower age 50 as the age – may be the woman’s instinct in this life did no let her reveal the right age 😊)

I took her forward to the time of her death…She said “Am floating”

Asked her how she died “Met with car accident”

Me: “How old were you at the time of death?”

She replied, “62 years”

Me: “How did the accident happen?”

Wife: “I was driving very fast and wanted to reach the place soon, but took a wrong turn in wrong direction and hit an oncoming vehicle…died on the spot…head split open”

Me: “What was the learning from the life?”

Wife: “Love the life…missed it because of my mistake”.  

Post the session, she told me that as she floated after death, she felt the second life was good and also that she wanted to spend few more years with her son, but her reckless act had deprived her of them.  She also mentioned that her son in that life resembled our son of current life.  There is so much of love and affection between the two, and this is easily dismissed as a mother’s love for her son.

The lesson she had to learn from the accident was to follow rules, not go for short cuts and be patient.  In the present life she experiences headaches when she tries to do things in a hurry or does not follow the rules (not necessarily traffic rules) or whenever she is impatient.  She said she felt peaceful after the session.  She looked a lot relaxed after the session. 

Now, that the first client session was done, I needed two more clients to complete my assignment before being formally certified by Amarantos.  Witnessing the positive outcome in my wife, I felt more confident about he process as well as in the concept of karma.  The next challenge was to find the second client for my assignment.

I would like to stress here on the importance of believing and trusting the experience.  After the first session, my wife was spell bound about it for the next couple of days.  She discussed it with her brother who is a computer engineer.  He told her that the whole thing must have been her imagination.  Post this discussion she started seriously doubting her experience.  So, when we went ahead with the next session few months later, she had no past life experience.  I had to talk to her reminding about her experience and also explained why she should not doubt it.  She was able to experience past lives again once she started trusting the process..

Even today, my wife takes time out to meditate regularly.  Today, as I write this blog sitting in the midst of hills in the western ghats, near Chikamangalur, India, more than a year has passed since we had the first session.  Her symptoms of breathlessness and headaches reduced drastically post the session.  With time, the frequency and severity have both become negligible, and it has been months since she has last experienced these symptoms.  We have also observed that the trigger for the symptoms to recur is whenever she forgets her lessons.  They disappear quickly as she knows now how to handle it now.  For getting to the root of the symptom of breathlessness, it took us 5 sessions.  It is not important whether she had actually seen a past life or was it her imagination, but the fact remains that it has helped her in getting rid of her symptoms.  The proof of the pudding is in the eating and in this case the proof is in the healing.

So, what is it for me in this write up?  
There are 3 ways in which we learn – when somebody teaches us, from others' experiences and from our own experiences.  Many times, we break rules, especially when no one is watching or when we do not care for them.  This session has made me more conscious about my responsibility to follow rules.  For some matters it is better to learn from others’ experiences, instead of going through the pain ourselves.  There is no compulsion for us to learn from others' experience –  the choice is ours.  There is no restriction of time and place to finish our lessons – if we do not learn in this life there is always the next one.

My search for the second client for the assignment continued…

To be continued… 


I receive many messages asking when the next post is coming up.  You can click on the "Follow me" button on the home page, to receive notification whenever I publish the new post.


Please feel free to post your comments and questions, and I will try my best to answer them, with my limited knowledge.  The comments you post would appear after a day or two, as I have set up a spam check.  Thank you.

Comments

  1. I am super excited..... very intersting and confused :). I always wanted to explore my past life, howwever as your wife I am also worried about many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing that you are also taking the trouble to explain your understanding of each stage of the PLR process and it is convincing tooπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Payback time - Experiencing past life through meditation

Nothing is in our control - accept life - slipping is ok

Soulmates - Part 2