My journey to becoming a past life regression therapist - Final Part 7 (Importance of Charity; certification as therapist)



This post is the conclusion part on my journey to becoming a past life regression therapist (PLRT).  It also includes the third session conducted as part of my assignment and the lesson from it.

Most of us had not been able to submit our assignment on time and Venu had been kind enough to extend the timeline by couple of weeks.  Submitting our assignment was a must for us to be certified as PLR therapist.  I felt guilty having missed the deadline for submission and did not want to miss the extended deadline.  I had completed two sessions and had to complete the third one to finish the assignment.  Venu and his team were spending considerable amount of their time and energy, to go through our assignments and certify us.  It would be disrespecting them, if we did not finish the assignment.  There were couple of friends who were keen to get the PLR done, but did not have the time to spare.  As I was losing hope, my good friend, Sree (name changed), came to my rescue.  

Sree was a lady in her mid-30s.  She was suffering from pain in her right leg, near her knee, to be precise.  The pain had been there for nearly a month and she was planning to visit a doctor soon.  The pain increased when she tried sitting cross legged or whenever she tried to straighten her leg after sitting down.  The pain was becoming intense with each passing day.  There was no trigger for the pain.  She did not have a fall or any kind of physical injury.  This for me was a good case to establish that PLR therapy can heal.  I had read and heard of illness being cured using PLR therapy.  I suggested to Sree, that we try PLR therapy and see if it can help her in getting rid of the pain.  Since, she had no external injuries or swelling, she suspected that it was something internal.  But, she was happy to try out PLR, before going ahead with meeting the doctor.

Thanking Sree and the masters for the opportunity, I went ahead with the session.  I used the progressive relaxation technique given in Dr. Brian Weiss’s book, “Through Time into Healing”.  I asked Sree to go back in time from where the cause of her pain arises, and immediately, sensed that she was seeing something.  I asked her to look at her feet and become aware of herself and the surrounding.  She saw herself as a girl, stamping on something.
I asked, “What are you stamping?” 
She said, “Some God’s ornament.”  She continued “Without knowing…it had fallen down…crushing it.”

(The ellipses below represent pauses in the client’s speech, not deletions of words nor editing.)

I asked, “How old are you?”
She replied, “5 years.”  After coming out of trance, at the time of our discussion, she explained that she was in a temple and there were some ornaments of the Goddess kept outside the main garbha gudi (the sanctum sanctorum where the deity is kept) after washing and she was stamping it.  She was a small girl stamping some ornament and was rubbing it against the floor using her feet.  After doing this she saw herself run away.
Five years child stamping on some sacred ornaments, can this be the cause of leg pain now?  I was not convinced, I had to ask more questions.  I continued, “Can you go to another significant event in that life time?”  There was silence.  Anxious, I asked, “Are you there?”
“Yes”, she replied.
Happy at getting a response, I asked, “Where are you?”
She responded, “Home”
I wanted to know how far in time she had progressed, “How old are you?”
She said, “5 years”
I asked her, “Who is around?” 
She replied, “Parents.”
Wondering which life she was looking at, I asked, “Which lifetime is it?” 
She replied, “Current.”
She was just recollecting something from her present life, which she had not mentioned during our history taking session.  I was happy, that she was remembering something from her early childhood.  After making sure that there was nothing significant happening, I asked her to float above the body.  While floating, I asked, if she sees anything above and she said that she saw the white light.
I asked her to check with the white light what she needs to do to get rid of the pain.  She said, “Go to another life.”  Now, this made sense to me.  Leg pain for doing something as a five year old did not justify things to me.   There was something more that was causing the pain.  I quickly asked her to go to that life and she was there.
I enquired, “What are you wearing?” 
She replied, “Dhoti.”
Dhoti is a garment worn by men in India.  She was not in the current life.  I asked, “Are you a man or a woman?” 
Prompt came the reply, “Man”
Glad at getting a quick response, I continued, “How old?” 
She said, “27 years.” 
The questioning continued, “What are you doing?”
She said, “Sitting outside the house.”  During our discussion after the session, she explained that as a man she was sitting on a raised platform outside the house and was also wearing a turban.  Some people are able to visualise things clearly, whereas some hear it and some sense it.
I continued, “What do you do?”
She replied, “I give money to needy people…taking something in return.”  She was a pawn broker.
I enquired, “Is there anything significant happening?”  She replied, “Yes.”  There was a long pause.  There were lot of reactions on her face and I sensed that she was seeing something, but was not sharing.  The job of a therapist becomes challenging when the client does not share things openly.  Sometimes, the client is embarrassed by what comes out.  It is important to maintain the relationship of trust.
For me to help her, I asked, “What is happening, please tell me”
She now started talking, “Old man came…asking for money…has nothing to keep (give as security for the money - pledge)…I refused to give money…he begged holding (my) hands, legs…(I) started kicking…he fell down.”  She paused.
I suggested, “See what happens to the old man?”
She replied, “Fell down…got hurt”
It is important to follow up and get more details, I asked, “Where is he hurt?”
She replied, “Head…knee.”  He was bleeding from the knee and head.  The area around the knee was where she was experiencing pain in the present life.
I wanted to know her reaction, “What do you do?”
She replied, “I don’t care, went inside (the house).”
I suggested, “See what happens to the old man.” 
With some disappointment and frustration, she said, “He is unable to stand and go…somebody helping him.”

Most of the time, the people whom we love, hate, hurt, come back again into our lives.  The symptoms come back with these people coming back into our lives.  The symptoms may be good or bad.  We do not bother about good ones but when there are bad symptoms we are worried.  It is generally seen that when new members are added to the family, there is always something changing.  Similarly, when some people leave us either the happiness goes away with them or the pain goes away with them.  Souls reincarnate together again and again to settle their karmic account.  To check her relationship with the old man in the current life, I asked, “Do you recognise the old man in this life time?”
She slowly replied, “Yes, my grandfather.”
To get more specific information, I asked, “Paternal or maternal?” 
She replied, “Mother’s father”
She continued, “Man died…because of (me) kicking…everybody shouting (at me) for my mistake…I was not aware he would die…(my) mistake…feel guilty.”  She explained, that she had kicked the old man to free herself, as he was holding on to her feet tightly, and was not willing to let go.  She said she had no intention to hurt him.  The old man had died as he had hurt his head against a stone, when he fell down.  I was not sure if the pain in the leg  now was due to the pain the old man had experienced in his knee or was it because of the kicking by the pawn broker.
I asked her to see what happens after his death.  She replied, “I went to his family…did the cremation…helped the family.”  After coming out of trance, she said that there was a woman and two children in the family and the old man was the bread winner, but they were not his wife and children.  The fact that she was responsible for killing the bread winner made her guilty.
I asked her, “How did you help the family?” 
She said, “Gave money”

I now wanted to hear the lessons she had learnt from that life.  People are able to introspect well at the time of their death and as part of PLR therapy, one is usually taken to the time of the death.  But, Sree had said that she was not keen to experience death.  So, I asked her to float above the body.  She once again saw the white light.  I suggested that she forgive herself and also ask for forgiveness from the old man’s soul.  I asked her what she felt was the learning from the lifetime, and she said, “Need to help poor people.”

After coming out of trance, Sree said she had always felt like helping poor old men.  She did not feel the same if it was an old lady.  To her this was strange and after the session, she said she now knows the reason.  Interestingly in this lifetime, due to her pregnancy, she was unable to attend her maternal grandfather’s funeral and always felt bad about it.  In the earlier lifetime, she had taken care of his cremation.

Sree, had no words after coming out of trance.  She felt sad at how she had treated the old man.  I suggested that she move ahead and help people now, and waited eagerly for her to call back in the next few days to share her feedback about the leg pain.

After five days, we met again.  Sree mentioned that the pain in her leg had reduced while walking but pain continued while she bent her legs.  To me this was strange because, she had already asked for forgiveness.  One of the questions people often ask is what if something dark comes out during PLR, for instance, if I have killed someone - how will I live with this guilt in the present life?  Will it not make things difficult instead of easing.  This was now the case with Sree too.  She was experiencing the guilt of having been responsible for the death of an old man, who was her maternal grandfather in present life.  PLR is magical and comes with own solution.  I suggested we do another session and she happily agreed.  The second sessions are usually faster and easier.  She got into trance quickly and I suggested that she seek forgiveness from the soul of the old man/ grandfather in this life.  She said she found her grandfather.   I suggested her to seek his forgiveness.  She was quiet.  I asked, “Has he forgiven you?”  She mentioned, “Yes.”
I continued, “What does he say?”
She replied, “Whatever has happened, has happened, don’t worry about it.”  She just spent some time with her grandfather and then moved to the white light to heal herself, and experience the peace and calm.  Somewhere she seemed to carry the guilt of having hurt him.  She smiled in trance and it appeared as if the forgiving was done. 
After the session, Sree mentioned that when she set out in search of the old man’s soul, she saw many souls in the form of a flame (something like light from the lamp).  She explained that she identified the soul of her grandfather, as one of the flames had the image of her grandfather with a smiling face.

Next day, Sree called to say, the pain was all gone as mysteriously as it had come.  She was happy that she was fortunate to not visit the doctor.  Doctors would have asked for x-rays and scans, and finally, when nothing is found would have given her pain killers, and pain killers have side effects.  Most of us have had experiences where we get multiple tests done only to be told that everything looks fine, but we continue to suffer.  It has been a year now; Sree has never experienced the pain again.  She was no longer carrying the guilt.  Seeking forgiveness and forgiving self is the key to get rid of the guilt.

Thanks to Sree, I was able to complete my third session and submit the assignment before the extended timeline.  To ensure that the students do not fake sessions, Venu has few online questions for each submission.  Few weeks later, I received a congratulatory message from Venu with a note that my sessions were appreciated by him and his team, and as a result I was being certified as a PLR therapist.  For me, more than the certification, the joy was in seeing and experiencing karma and its fruits.  The experiences had validated the power of PLRT and many other books I had read about karma and rebirths. 
Though many faiths talk about the importance of righteousness and that one needs to pay, if he or she does not follow it, there is always a sense of doubt, if it really works.  My limited reading and understanding of the Bhagavat Geetha was being validated by these experiences.  The law of karma is always questioned when we see some people always get away with their wrong doing or when we go through hardships and challenges even though we are in the path of righteousness.  The learned and the wise have said that law of karma eventually catches to reward and punish the souls based on the karmic account, and it may be spread over many lives.  But, this is difficult to believe as we are not aware of earlier lives.  Through the PLR experience, I am seeing accounts settled over different life times.  The best thing about the punishment is that it was not meant to be cruel, it is not vengeance, but it is just ensuring that the soul learns it lessons.  Once the lesson is learnt, the hardship or challenge that the person is going through stops.  I am seeing that first life tries to teach us through simple challenges, but when one does not learn the lesson, the challenge becomes difficult. In my view, this is also the reason why people go through the same pattern of hardship or challenge over and over again.  The pattern continues till the lesson is learnt.  PLR does not resolve things.  But, PLR helps one become aware of the lesson to be learnt.  It is this lesson that is brought to awareness during PLR session and when this lesson is learnt the symptom or issue is resolved.  This is my limited understanding.

Sree had said after her session that, even if it is something small that we can afford, that is sufficient to help the poor.  The poor do not need all our wealth.  This was such a powerful statement.  Dr. Brian has mentioned in his books that we are all here to learn lessons in love, faith, trust and charity.  Charity is something that most of us keep for a later day.  Charity need not be through an organisation or on a large scale.  During my student days, I always thought that I should earn and save enough, so that one day I can give away most of my wealth in charity after keeping aside something for my family and old age.  But, there is never a time when we are ready to say it is time to give and we also don’t know how long we will live.  We need to help the people when they need it, not when we want to give it.  Charity is good if it is done as part of everyday life.   Charity is not to be done to wash away one’s misdeeds or to earn brownies, but it is selfless giving, without expecting anything in return.  Expecting brownies only creates more karma to be sorted.  We can do simple things for people around us – our maids, cook, drivers, people we work with in our everyday life.  I know of one family that sets aside 10% of their income every month and spends it on charity.  They give it to needy people, donate to NGOs or help needy relatives.  Most of the faiths also talk about charity.  It is Christmas time as I write this blog and what better time to see charity in action.

Being a professional accountant, I started with a good pay package and the urge to donate, took the form of online contributions to some of the NGOs that my banker had tied up with.  The one I used to donate to was a well known NGO into child relief.  Like most people, I thought my job was done with the donation.  This trend of online contributions to NGOs continued for about 5 to 6 years.  I also influenced my other colleagues and friends to contribute to the NGO.  Every year the NGO sent me their annual report which also contained summary financial statements.  But, with other priorities I never looked into the annual report.  It used to be kept aside for few days only to be disposed as trash finally.  One afternoon, the annual report arrived by post and I received it.  Since, I was lazing around, I had a look into the financials.  I was shocked to see the numbers.  The NGO was spending a huge amount towards salaries, administration and marketing.  I did more research around the NGO and other NGOs.  I was surprised at the exorbitant salaries and expenses of these organisations.  I was not happy about the manner in which my hard earned money was being spent.  I discussed the outrageous expenses of NGOs with few of my other friends and we decided to stop contributing money to these NGOs.  Instead, we decided to provide the financial support and service to the needy directly.  My friends started visiting orphanages and old age homes, and we soon realised that the financial need was much beyond what we could afford in our personal capacity.  The only way to generate funds in an organised way was to start an NGO.  We deliberated on this but did not find any other way  to generate funds than to start an NGO.  Two of my friends volunteered to be trustees and Aapatsahaaya Foundation (AFN) was formed in 2008, in Bengaluru.  On forming AFN, we realised that lot of people wanted to give but were not sure about the credentials of the NGOs, and hence were hesitant.  But, when we told them about AFN, we had a steady flow of volunteers contributing their time and money.  At AFN, the work is done by volunteers and there is no salary or other administration or establishment expense.  After deliberations on what we would focus on we finally zeroed in on education.  As some wise person has said, “You give a poor man a fish and you feed him for a day.  You teach him to fish and you give him an occupation that will feed him for a lifetime.”  Education was the way to teach people to 'fish'.  AFN today supports children from rural and poor families, by standing with more than twenty schools in Karnataka, a state in India.  There are couple of corporate entities that have been kind enough to provide funds, but most of the funding comes from friends and relatives of volunteers.  The donations are eligible for deduction from income under section 80G of the Income Tax Act of India.  For my part, in addition to my time and monetary contribution, I also ask my PLR clients to donate my fees directly to AFN.  You can visit the AFN website for further details - www.aapatsahaaya.org

There are no words to thank Venu for giving me this beautiful and powerful healing knowledge.  He continues to support the PLR therapists groomed by him through monthly half hour video presentations.  He also repeats the session later in the night to support students across different time zones.  Being a techie, he has started a forum where we all PLR therapists and students share our experiences.  You can find interesting PLR sessions on that forum.  If you are interested, you can visit the forum.  It is open to all.  It also has the details of Amarantos certified PLR therapists.  The link to the forum is https://forum.amarantos.org/.

This is the wrap up post about my journey to becoming a PLR therapist.  Please feel free to post your comments and questions, and I will try my best to answer them, with my limited knowledge.  The comments you post would appear after a day or two, as I have set up a spam check.  One of the questions, I received on starting the blog is on the intention of the blog - is it marketing for self or for Venu or Amarantos?  Honestly, it is not for marketing.  I don't think Venu or Amarantos needs my marketing skills☺.  As for me, I have a busy professional accountant's life and do not have much time to spare for the therapy.  I try to do one session a month based on the urgency of the case.  Each session is like a magic show and there are so many surprises and so much for me to learn from them.  It is more interesting than the thriller movies and shows, as the dots connect in the end, and in some cases the dots connect only after few days.  As a child, I wanted to be a doctor, so that I can help the sick..  But, some of my decisions landed me into the profession of an accountant.  I had always felt that I missed the opportunity to help the sick.  Today, I realise that there were better plans for me and I am able to help people in areas beyond medicine.  I have been part of the healing (be it health or relationship) for just a handful of people.  But, this has given me great joy.  I feel grateful to the Almighty for this opportunity.  The purpose of the blog is to create awareness about PLR and karma amongst people.  Like most people, I was also unaware of the power of karma, but PLR just made it easy for me to understand this.  I had read multiple books on karma and its fruits,  but never really appreciated it till I started experiencing it. I feel this knowledge is making me become a better person.  My goal is to share this knowledge and let everyone benefit.  There is no cost associated in sharing this, so feel free to share this knowledge with your loved ones and also those who you don't like ☺, it may just help in making things better for both of you.

I receive many messages asking when the next post is coming up.  You can click on the "Follow me" button on the home page, to receive notification whenever I publish the new post.  In the next post, I will come back with some more interesting sessions that I have been privileged to conduct, together with lessons from it.  Till then Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2020!  Take care.

Please feel free to post your comments and questions, and I will try my best to answer them, with my limited knowledge.  The comments you post would appear after a day or two, as I have set up a spam check.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Payback time - Experiencing past life through meditation

Nothing is in our control - accept life - slipping is ok

Soulmates - Part 2